iPark is pleased to announce our new partnership with Memphis Metro Volleyball for the upcoming spring/summer outdoor volleyball season! We have joined forces with their club to create a FUN and COMPETITIVE outdoor volleyball experience like no other in the city of Memphis. They are the first club in Memphis to double the opportunities for their players to compete for collegiate scholarships: indoor and now outdoor as well! iPark will still be holding leagues in the upcoming year (scroll down for info on iPark leagues), but we are happy to defer the use of our courts to Memphis Metro to create a unique and fun opportunity to serve the city of Memphis and it’s athletes. Please visit their website for more info and stay tuned for upcoming details to sign up!
Welcome to the Beach Volleyball homepage for iPark Memphis! If you are interested in a unique volleyball experience in the greater Memphis area you have come to the right place. We play 4 on 4 co-ed beach volleyball according to the USAV rule handbook. We have regulation size courts and professional volleyball equipment. Plus, we’re located at the only inflatable water slide park in Memphis, TN! The League Rules and Team Rules are listed below.
iPark League Rules
- To sign up the team captain must download the registration sheet on our downloads page, fill it out, and bring it with the registration fee to our office. The registration fee for each team is $250. Make checks payable to iPark LLC.
- We play an 8-10 week season (depending on the number of official teams) with a single elimination tournament at the end of the season for the top four teams.
- Matches will be played on Saturdays between 1pm-4pm. Matches have a one-hour time limit (in the event another match is waiting). If time is called during a game in which both teams have won one game, then the team in the lead of the current game will be the winners. If the game is tied, the official will declare a “next point wins” tiebreaker.
- Winners will be decided in a best-of-three game match. Each game is played to 21 points.
- As is common in beach volleyball leagues games are self-regulated. We do have one official each week who observes the games and will resolve any disputes in the event either team appeals to him or her.
- Most weeks two games will be playing simultaneously.
- If a team has one or more players that cannot attend a game we do ask for the team captain to find replacements if at all possible, in order to respect the other team that has shown up to play.
- In the event that a full team cannot be fielded by one team, the other team will receive an automatic win, but both teams may elect to play an exhibition game filling the short-handed roster with volunteers from the other team.
- In the event that half or more of the team is filled with replacements, the other team will receive an automatic win, but both teams will be encouraged to play the exhibition game if they so desire.
- Once a game is complete all players are welcome to slide for free the rest of the day. Any friends or family members staying to slide will need to pay the regular admission price.
- Each team must consist of one captain. He or she will be responsible for signing up the team, the payment, communicating game information to their team and scheduling practices etc. throughout the season. iPark Management will need his or her contact information in the event of cancellations due to weather, game times, and other league information.
- Each team will consist of at least 6 players. A minimum of 3 men and 3 women are required.
- A team must have a minimum of two females and one male on the court at all times during league play.
- We recommend for teams to have matching uniforms of some kind. This could be same style swimsuit, hand designed tanks, bandannas etc. get creative and fun with it!
In the event of a cancelled game due to inclement weather, the team captains will be notified as soon as a decision is made. It will be the team captain’s responsibility to report this to the rest of his or her team. The game will be rescheduled at the next earliest possibility. This could include playing a second game in one day during the 3pm time slot, or a specially scheduled 4pm time slot.